Recently Apple has released its new iOS version 12. Last week Apple also launched new iPhones batch. The new iPhone comes with the iOS 12. But you can also upgrade your older iPhone to this new iOS 12. As you know Apple always release its newer version in beta for tests and to check for error or bugs. Want it right now? You can check our guide on how to download iOS 12.
The newer version has many new features like animoji, AR measurements, new Siri shortcuts and many more. But still, this newer version is not as stable as its previous version which is iOS version 11.1. This version has almost all its bugs fixed, and you can also use jailbreak for this version which is amazing. Read this article to learn How to Downgrade Your iPhone iPad and iPod From iOS 12 to iOS 11.
But we do not encourage you to jailbreak your iPhone because it makes your phone venerable to all third-party attackers. But still, the previous version is better than the newer version. Because the iOS 12 is its early stages so there must be some new updates and bugs which will be fixed with time. We will suggest that if you have iPhone 7 or lower you can use the older version for some time. And after the new iOS 12 get some bugs and error fixed you can easily update to that version. In this guide, you can learn how to downgrade your iPhone from iOS 12 to iOS 11.1.
Before we start the process one thing you need to remember. Always make a backup of your iPhone on a secure location. So, your data will be saved in case something happens during these processes. You can easily backup your iPhone to iCloud or you can use iTunes to manually backup your phone on to your computer. You can read our other article to learn how to back up your iPhone to a secure location.
This guide is only useful if you have made a backup of your older version before you update your iPhone to iOS 12.
- This procedure may delete your data in your phone so make sure to Backup your phone.
- Lightning cable to connect your iPhone with the computer.
- Computer with the latest iTunes version.
- Internet connection on both iPhone and computer.
First Put the iPhone into Recovery Mode
First, you need to Connect your device to your computer, then put your device in recovery mode with these instructions:
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
Steps to downgrade your iPhone from iOS 12 to iOS 11.4
There are two methods to downgrade your iPhone version. First, if you have backup your device prior to the update to iOS 12. Then you can easily backup your phone to an older version without losing any data. But if you have not done that and still want to downgrade your device then you can follow the second method mention below. But if you follow this method you can lose your all data that was saved in your Phone.
Method 1: With Backup
The safest and easy way to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 11 is through the backup. If you have made a backup before updating your iPhone to iOS 12 then you can use iTunes to go back to iOS 11. You can follow these simple steps to downgrade your iPhone.
- First, you need to download the IPSW file for your iPhone.
- Now go to your phone settings and disable find my iPhone. then go to iCloud and turn all the feature in iCloud.
- Connect your device to your computer using the lightning cable. Now launch the iTunes in your computer or Mac.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in the iTunes. Then go to the summary.
- Now Hold down the left option on Mac or left shift on your windows computer and press restore button.
- A new tab will open. Guide this to the IPSW file you have downloaded previously. Click on the file to open.
- Now the phone will start to install this file which is the iOS 11 file. Once the installation complete you can have a blank Phone. This is where you can use the backup to put back your data in your iPhone. You need to check that if your backup is correct. Because if you use the iOS 12 for more then one day then the new backup will be iOS 12. Then you need to select the correct file. This may take some time.
Once it completes you can use your iPhone on iOS 11 version. But if you don’t have the backup and still want to downgrade to iOS 11. Then follow the given steps below but you need to remember that all of your data will be removed.
Method 2: Without Backup
If you follow these steps you can downgrade your iPhone from iOS 12 to iOS 11. But you can lose all your data in this process. Because you don’t have any backup which can recover your files.
- Download the IPSW file for your iPhone and iPod iOS version 11.
- Now connect your device to Computer or Mac using the lightning cable. open the iTunes and select the device icon in the iTunes.
- Go to the summary, click on the updates holding the left shift key for computer and Options button for Mac.
- Select the IPSW file you have downloaded. Once you open the file it will start to install the iOS 11 on your Phone.
You have to wait for some time, so the installation completes. Once it has done you can restart your phone. you need to set your Phone with your ID and password.
These are the simple method you can use to downgrade your iPhone from iOS 12 to iOS 11. If you have any problem using this guide feel free to ask any question in the comment section below. if you find this post useful please leave a like and comment in the section below. Share this guide with your friends to let them know how they can use iOS 11 if they don’t like the new iOS 12.